Keep Pressing On!


     I looked at this little rose bush (top) again today, and I said to my husband, "That little rose bush just won't give up." Then I talked about how many times I had tried to pull it up by the roots and get rid of it because it would not bloom due to the fact that it is in my front flower bed, and it doesn't get enough sun. 

     After I said that, I thought about these two rose bushes (above) on either side of my driveway. I transplanted them from the pieces that I pulled up from the one above. Now, I am about to enjoy them because they are in a place where they receive enough sun. They have many buds that will soon be beautiful, fragrant roses. 

     Then I thought about how we often give up on our soul-winning efforts because we don't see anyone saved, we don't see any fruit. But we are not seeing the finished results of our labors. We may be having more of an effect on others than we know. Our service to the Lord is not in vain. When we get to heaven, we will reap the reward, and we may learn that there are more people there because of our testimony than we thought. 

     Just because a rose bush doesn't always bear roses, that doesn't mean it is not a rose bush. As a matter of fact, the last time the bush next to the bricks bloomed was the day after the tornado hit our house, our car, and our church. Hmm! This little bush bloomed after a terrible storm. 
     
     Isn't that also like times in our lives when we feel the least effective, hard times when we don't even think we can go on? Yet, we find more strength from the Son, and we keep pressing on.
Blessings!
Lisa

1 comment:

Mrs. Mobunny said...

We should just let our little light shine....and God will give the increase.

Homeschooling Help

Get Bibles, gifts, music, and more!