Thankful for God's Grace During Recovery

     Three months ago I had my horse accident. I posted about it, and I also posted about my surgery and therapy that followed. But it has been a while, so I thought I would post again, because I hope to be walking soon. I can't believe it has been over 3 months since my injury and surgery. 
     When my family helped me up from the ground, and we realized my leg was injured, I tried to think positive. I thought, "Maybe it will just be bruised, and I'll be back on my feet in a few short weeks." Well, that wasn't the case. 
     When the doctor first told me surgery and therapy  would be required for me to walk again, I was temporarily stricken with nausea. When he told me that I would not be able to walk for at least 3 to 6 months I was overwhelmed, but I tried to keep a good attitude. I thought, "How am I going to cope with not being able to walk for 3 months." It seemed like such a long time. Yet I knew that the Lord would give me grace to deal with it. He has always been so faithful to help in times of need.     
     Well, now that the time has passed, I want to praise the Lord for the grace that he has given. I am not walking yet, but He has helped me to get through these passed few months with joy. I have to admit that there have been times when I struggled and had a few tears. But that is just when I let the flesh rule and had myself a pity party a couple of times. God has blessed my family with grace to help me. They have been so good to me. Often caregivers need as much grace as the ones being cared for. I will be much more sympathetic when I see someone on crutches or in a wheelchair.
     I know the next few weeks won't be easy, therapy is intense now as we try to regain more and more of the bending of my knee. I am at 84 degrees, normal is 135 degrees. But God who has given me grace for every other need will be faithful to help me. He will help you, too with whatever you are facing. No matter how small or great the trial, God loves us and wants us to lean on Him for strength. (2 Cor. 2:9-10)

Blessings!
Lisa

No comments:

Homeschooling Help

Get Bibles, gifts, music, and more!