There are several fun things to do when you're snowed in. We have spent some great times together as a family while snowed in. First, you have to make sure that you have a well stocked kitchen in case of increment weather. When the weather man announces snow for the southern states, you can expect the bread and milk section at the grocery stores to be rapidly depleted. But everybody knows that when you are snowed in there are some essential items to have on hand. One of these items is hot chocolate. Whether you are an instant hot chocolate person or an old-timey "grandma recipe" hot chocolate lover, you just have to have it or you are certain to get a severe case of the cabin fever. So I guess that would be a start for a list of things to do. From here on I'll make a list.
- Make snow cream.
- Enjoy hot chocolate with loved ones. Here's one you might want to try: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/dreamy-creamy-hot-chocolate-recipe/index.html
- If you're tired of hot chocolate, make hot cranberry tea. Try this one: http://butterflyplace.blogspot.com/2011/11/hot-cranberry-tea.html
- Play board games like Monopoly, Bible Trivia, Life, etc.
- Play some card games like UNO, Spoons, Pit, Rummy, Crazy Eights, or Old Maid.
- Bake and decorate cookies.
- Make home make clay ornaments.
- Prepare Christmas cards for mailing.
- Play Bible pictionary.
- Put a 1000 piece puzzle together.
- Make popcorn garland for the Christmas tree.
- Have a family Bible study.
- Spend some extra time in prayer.
- Put on your favorite Christmas (or other) album and get a head start on spring cleaning.
- Play Bible charades.
- Build a snow family or snow sculpture, or dig a snow tunnel if there is enough snow.
Now, it's your turn! How about sharing some of your favorite things to do on a snow day.