NO PAIN NO GAIN

This is a chart similar to the one I was shone in the hospital after my knee surgery. It helps the doctors and nurses to know your pain level.
     I have been thinking alot about pain lately. That's because I've been feeling alot of it! Ouch! With my recent horse riding accident and following knee surgery, pain has been my ever present companion.
My prescription says take one every 4 to 6 hours as needed for pain. I tried to cut back to every 6 hours, but the pain was just more than I could stand. I am now back to every 4 hours.
     When I went to the emergency room, the first thing they did was give me a shot for the pain. Once the pain was taken care of, they could proceed with X-rays, etc.
     Pain is something that we humans try to avoid. Ever since pain entered the world, I guess we have been running from it. Gen. 3:16,17  speaks of pain. The word is translated "sorrow". Pain was part of the judgement of God on Adam and Even for their rebellion.
     Many times we must endure pain to experience a good end result. For instance, if I had refused to have surgery on my broken knee, which would bring more pain to my body, I would not get the benefit of the healing that would come later. I'll be honest with you, when I awakened from the surgery, the excruciating pain brought tears to my eyes and down my face. But with that pain was the very real prospect of a better day with little to no pain and a knee that works properly.
     With these things in mind I want to mention some blessings that we could not have without pain.

1. New Life- We must experience labor pains before we can have children. Gen. 3:16 Even with epidurals, there is still going to be some pain. But there are no spiritual epidurals when it comes to conviction of the Holy Spirit.
2. Growth - We experience growing pains in our spiritual as well as our physical life. Sometimes life brings painful experiences to help us grow in our faith and trust in God.

     Pain was good for me because had I not experienced pain when I fell off the horse, I would have just got back on and kept on riding with a broke knee. That would have caused more damage than I already had.  If we had not experienced the pain of conviction of the Holy Spirit, we would have continued on as a lost person without God.
     One of the joys of Heaven will be the absence of pain. There will be no need for pain in Heaven.
Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
What a day that will be!

No comments:

Homeschooling Help

Get Bibles, gifts, music, and more!