Why butterflies?

Okay! I need to explain my obsession with butterflies.

I'm not an entomologist (one who studies insects.)

I just love spiritual lessons from nature.


Romans 1:20 tells us "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead;..."

And to me this is one of the best word pictures.

Where do butterflies come from?

We all know that they start out as ugly "worms" or caterpillars. But through the wondrous miracle of metamorphosis, they become beautiful creatures.

I, too, once was an ugly caterpillar (spiritually), but Jesus Christ came into my life and changed me into one of his butterflies. It's not what I am, but what he is in me.

Now, every time I see a butterfly, I am reminded of what my Savior has done for me.

1 comment:

Liesa George said...

OH LISA!!! I'M ESTATIC! YOU'RE A BLOGGER NOW, SO COOL!!! I JUST HAPPENED UPON THIS TODAY WHEN I WAS SEEING WHO MY 16TH FOLLOWER IS, I 'BOUT DIED WHEN IT WAS YOU. YOU WILL BE ADDICTED, BUT BLOGGING IS SUCH A GOOD WAY TO ENCOURAGE OTHERS, SO YOU KNOW I'LL BE CHECKING IN ON YOU QUITE FREQUENTLY.
WHAT A BRIGHT SPOT YOU ARE IN MY LIFE.
LOVE,
LIESA

IF YOU EVER NEED ANY HELP, I'LL HELP IF I CAN. I STILL LEARN THINGS BY ACCIDENT ALL THE TIME ON THIS BLOGGIN' STUFF!

Homeschooling Help

Get Bibles, gifts, music, and more!